School Update - Coronavirus
Dear Parents / Carers
I made the decision to close the school today due to an increased number of staff reporting feeling unwell and who deemed their condition necessary to self-isolate. Several members of staff also have children who have been feeling unwell and have followed the same government guidance. As a result I will be closing the school on Wednesday 18th March in order that a deep clean of the premises can be undertaken. This should result in the school re-opening on Thursday 19th March, subject to staffing levels.
At Glebelands Primary School we take the health and safety of our pupils and staff very seriously. I therefore feel it would be beneficial to update you with the latest guidance from Public Health England. Their advice states,
- Anyone with a fever or persistent cough should stay at home for 7 days if they live alone or 14 days if they live with others. Anyone who lives with someone displaying Coronavirus symptoms should also stay at home for 14 days
- Everyone should stop non-essential contact with others. This is particularly important for people over 70, those with underlying health conditions and pregnant women
- People should work from home when they can
- People should avoid places like pubs, clubs and theatres
- People should stop all unnecessary travel
- By the weekend of the 21st March, those with the most serious health conditions should be largely shielded from social contact for 12 weeks
There is currently no blanket decision to close UK schools, however the above advice may have an impact on staffing levels. The decision to close the school due to availability of staff will never be taken lightly; our priority remains ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, pupils, parents and visitors to the site. If however the situation becomes unsafe as result of staff absence, school will have to close. If a decision to close is made, we will notify you via text or email and on our website.
Where a pupil is in self-isolation, in accordance with latest information and advice from the Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England, the pupil will be recorded as unable to attend due to exceptional circumstances in the attendance register.
School Events and Trips
We have been notified that all sports events, trips and visits have been cancelled. The PTA Mothers’ Day pop-up stall has also been cancelled.
All after school clubs have also been cancelled until after Easter at the earliest.
These are exceptional circumstances with rapidly changing guidance and advice.
Please continue to check text messages, emails and the school website for updates.