Welcome to Class 3
Welcome to a brand new year!
It's great to finally see you all after the long summer break and the children have settled into Year 1 life wonderfully. There are 24 children and 2 adults (myself and Mrs Babla) in Class 3. Mrs Watts also teaches on a Monday while I am released to do my planning time.
If you are have not already done so, please take the time to sign up to Class Dojo. This is where I will post weekly and sometimes daily updates about life in Class 3.
Please click on the link below to access the topics being taught throughout the year in Key stage 1.
P.E. IS ON A THURSDAY MORNING AND FRIDAY AFTERNOON (Mr Palmer)
Homework goes out on Friday and is due on Wednesday.
Some useful websites
Helping Your Child At Home
At school we provide a broad and balanced curriculum. However, we recognise the valuable part that parents play in their child's personal, social and academic development. Here are a few things that you can do at home to help.
- Reading for 10 minutes each night is an invaluable part of your child's academic development. Did you know children in year 1 should read between 600 and 1000 words a week in order to reach the standard expected by the end of the year?
- Practise recognising numbers and shapes in the world around them a counting forwards and backwards will really help with their mathematical understanding.
- Talk about and discuss the seasons and how they change, the materials that things are made of.
- Play games that involve winning and losing as well as turn taking, catching and throwing a ball, and moving in different ways.
- Practise using a knife and fork at meal times
- Encourage children to do buttons in shirts and t-shirts themselves, even tie shoe laces, and do up zips on coats.
You can use dojo to send me a message or, alternatively, you can contact me using the message box below. I like to switch off after 7:30 so if you message after then I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.